2016 Big Top Tour Call for Artist
Calling all artists! Preparations for the 2016 Circus Smirkus Big Top Tour, Up, HUP and Away! are about to take flight! Every year, Smirkus goes above and beyond to make the Big Top Tour into the heart-warming, wonderfully whimsical and high quality visual delight you know and love.
Smirkus is also a place that is always trying to make dreams come true. So what are your dreams as an artist? Have you ever dreamed of your art being seen by thousands of people across the world? Or, imagined you could be a part of Smirkus history forever? How about being a part of something that forever changes the lives of kids in a positive way? Then Smirkus wants you! Read on for more details on how to submit your Up, HUP and Away! themed artwork, mini portfolio and resume to be considered the 2016 Big Top Tour’s Official Artist.
Open Call for Artists
Submission Deadline: Dec. 22, 2015
- Full Page Bio in 2016 Playbill (reaches 50,000)
- Tour Art Social Media Campaign Featuring Artist (reaches over 30,000)
- Art will be seen by thousands across New England
- Artwork will be a part of Smirkus history FOREVER!
- $1,000 Award
- Submit a concept design with the 2016 Tour Theme
- 250-500 Words Regarding Artwork Inspiration
- Mini Portfolio – Must contain photos or images of at least 5 pieces of original artwork
- Artist Resume – include biography, educational background, and exhibition record
- Digital Submission – JPEG format, 300 dpi resolution, 4″ x 6″ image size
- Design must fit 8”x11” poster
- All images are submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open for all ages!
***The successful artist will work collaboratively with the Tour Artistic and Creative Directors. The format including spacing, title and text block will be determined at that time.***
Artist Selection: Final selection will be made by Directors Mark Lonergan and Troy Wunderle. Once artist is selected he/she will work with the tour directors and Smirkus marketing to deliver final design to be used. Design of official theme art will begin January 4, 2016.
Notification: Chosen artist will be notified via email
Eligibility: This call for entry is open to all artists world wide, both amateur and professional. Smirkus invites artists working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate.
USE RIGHTS: The Circus Barn dba retains all copyrights to the final image. Artist’s recognition will be provided when used. By submission for jurying, the artist whose submission is chosen for the 2016 Circus Smirkus Big Top Tour grants Circus Smirkus the right to use their design for the purpose of promoting the 2016 Big Top Tour, the artist and subsequent display on smirkus.org. Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks for Circus Smirkus with artist credit. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from Circus Smirkus. Circus Smirkus also reserves the right to commission an artist if a candidate is not found via this call for artists.